A sturdy and solid dog is a Labrador retriever and here are some details about this.
A Labrador Retriever is a famous dog breed loved for being a gentle giant and here are some things to know about this well-loved breed.
Labradors are large and strong dogs. They have this broad head and intelligent eyes, a pair that speaks volume about their friendliness and generally easy-going natures. Their tails are “otter-like” and they constantly wagging it.
Despite their strong and large body, they are not really the type to become a guard dog, however, this is one of the breeds suitable for non-experienced owners and one of the hypoallergenic breeds. This breed originated in the coast of Newfoundland in the 17th century and bred originally to work with fishermen and to bring back fish-laden nets.
- Basic training required
- They enjoy vigorous walks and they would enjoy to have more than two hours of walking in a day
- They drool sometimes
- Requires grooming every other day
- Labradors are chatty and very vocal
- Great as a family dog and goes just well with other pets
- They could live from 10 to 14 years
- Their weight could be around 25 to 36 kilograms
- This breed stands at around 55 to 57cm
- Black, yellow, and chocolate/liver are their colors
- A Labrador is active, friendly, loving, extremely affectionate, and always on the go
To keep them happy, note that they thrive in company and would like it if they are given extra attention. They also love to have something to gnaw on, so, be sure to keep dog-safe chew toys.
Meanwhile, the other dog breeds that are famous in the Philippines are beagles, poodles, pugs, golden retrievers, Siberian huskies, shih tzus, chihuahuas, German shepherds, Dobermans, and labrador retrievers.
Watch the video below to learn more about this breed:
What can you say about this? Let us know in the comments!