Here are some breed information about the Siberian Husky dog and their characteristics.
SIBERIAN HUSKY – Giant but gentle is this famous breed of dog and here are some fun facts about this beautiful and mighty breed.
A dog breed known for its beautiful, thick coat that comes multi-colored with markings is the Siberian Husky breed. Apart from their thick coat and naturally upright ears, they are also loved and attractive for their blue or multi-colored eyes that adds to their appeal.
This breed originated in Siberia and they have this wolf-like physical features. They have this distinctive and striking appearance.
Dogs of this breed are athletic, intelligent, independent, and can be challenging for first-time dog parents. If you want a Husky, what should be your considerations?
- It origin is in Siberia, Russia.
- In terms of the size, females can grow 35-60 pounds (16-27 kg) and 45-70 pounds (20-32 kg) for males.
- They could live for up 12 to 14 years.
- Huskies have this friendly and outgoing nature, hence, they get along well with people and other dogs.
- Their thick double coat is for cold weather.
- As for their physical activities, note that they are active and have high energy levels. They love to run, hike, and pull sleds.
- Huskies are intelligent and independent which is why early socialization and consistent, positive reinforcement training is a must as they can, as well, be stubborn.
- They shed a lot. Extra attention is needed during shedding season. They would also need regular grooming.
- This breed is prone to conditions like hip dysplasia and eye issues. Make sure to give them regular exercise and a healthy and balanced diet.
- Huskies are tall and certified and escape artists. Have a yard with high fence.
- They are quite the loud ones. They often howl and have their own way of talking. They are really expressive.
What to expect?
Huskies are dogs generally easy to keep. Since they are active, they can easily get obese if not given the right and regular exercise.
The color of their fun could be a combination of the following:
- A combination of white and tan
- A combination of white and grey
- A combination of white and black
As much as we all know, huskies are among the dog breeds that are famous in the Philippines.
Check out more details below:
What can you say about this? Let us know in the comments!